Liability insurance is the insurance you purchase to protect yourself financially. If you’re in a car accident you should purchase both property damage liability coverage and you should purchase bodily injury liability coverage.

Florida law is a bit strange. It requires you to have PIP coverage or no fault coverage and it requires you to have property damage coverage up to a very small amount of money when you go to get tags on your vehicle.

What most people don’t know is the term ‘full coverage’ doesn’t really mean full coverage. You’re required also to produce proof of having bodily injury insurance coverage when you’re involved in a car accident.

If, after having an accident and somebody has been injured and you do not have the bodily injury coverage or BI coverage, there can be a complaint filed with the department of motor vehicles and your driver’s license can be suspended up until, life until you do make payment on the damages you caused in that car accident.