If you’re in a car accident and it seems like the other party may not have car insurance, you should first of all consult with an attorney. An attorney can investigate and determine at first who are other responsible parties who may have insurance who will cover the loss.

The attorney can also help you with presenting a claim against your own insurance company under first your PIP or PIP benefits to get your medical bills paid. The attorney will also investigate to determine if you hopefully have what’s called uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage.

That comes into play when in just that situation the other party has no bodily injury liability coverage. Your insurance company will become in effect the insurance carrier for the party at fault and pay an award of damages for the injuries you got in a car accident.