If you’ve been involved in a Florida car accident and your car get damaged, there’s two potential sources that you can use to get those damages paid for, or your car replaced.

First, you could go against the party that caused your accident and try to collect those damages from that company. Oftentimes, that’s a slow process and I found with most of my clients, it’s faster for them to go against their own insurance company under their own policy of insurance to get their car paid for, repaired, replaced, whatever the case may be. Your company will then do what’s called subrogate or collect that money back from the insurance company from the party that caused your crash.