If you’ve been involved on a car accident in the state of Florida and you were injured or your vehicle or other property was damaged, then there’s several avenues of recovery to get those damages paid for.

Obviously, you would first look at the insurance coverage on the vehicle that caused the crash. You would also look at your own insurance policy and determine whether you have uninsured motors coverage for bodily injuries or under insured motor coverage for at the other side. Had no insurance or didn’t have enough insurance.

I have found oftentimes it’s faster for a person to actually collect for property damage under their own policy of insurance under their collision coverage or comprehensive coverage. Then your insurance company would go against the party that caused your crash and try to collect that money back in a process known as subrogation.