Aggressive driving on the part of other drivers is a leading problem for motorists. If you suffered an injury in an accident due to an aggressive driver, you understand just how dangerous this behavior can be. Your life may be forever altered by the thoughtless and dangerous actions of another motorist.
You might be eligible for compensation for damages you incurred as the result of a crash caused by an aggressive driver. You should seek legal advice immediately – certainly before you discuss the issue with an insurance adjuster and before you sign anything.
Aggressive Driving, Defined
Aggressive driving occurs when a person commits a number of moving traffic violations so as to endanger other individuals or property. For example, dangerous driving may include:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Unpredictable and dangerous lane changes
- Neglecting to obey yield signs and other traffic signals
- Passing in zones where passing is prohibited
- Driving illegally on the shoulder, median, or pavement
- Failing to yield right of way
- Neglecting to indicate turns or lane changes
- Driving in an erratic, reckless or negligent fashion
- Taking out frustrations on other motorists
What Is Road Rage and Why Is It Dangerous?
Aggressive driving may occasionally escalate to road rage. In fact, road rage can manifest as the physical assault of an individual or vehicle caused by being upset by a traffic event. It also includes using a vehicle as a weapon with the intent of doing damage to others or their property.
Therefore, if you see an angry motorist on the road, it’s important that you:
- Get out of the way
- Give the upset motorist a wide berth
- Do not make eye contact with the upset motorist
- Do not make hand gestures and keep your facial expression neutral
- Call 911 if you’re concerned for your safety or the safety of your passengers
Aggressive Driving Injuries
Aggressive driving can easily lead to car crashes that cause injury. The most common aggressive driving activities that led to the injuries include but are not limited to:
- Failure to give the right of way
- Failure to obey traffic signals or signs
- Thoughtless, inconsistent, or dangerous driving
- Improper passing
- Improper turns
Legal Help for Aggressive Driving Car Accidents
If you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone speeding or driving aggressively, it is vital to talk to a knowledgeable car accident lawyer. At the Slonaker Law Firm, our lawyers have successfully handled thousands of car accident cases, many of which were caused by aggressive driving.
Our law firm can completely assess the facts and evidence in your case and work with experts in the field to confirm that another motorist’s aggressive behavior caused the crash and the resulting injuries to you and/or your passengers. Therefore, our goal is to help you obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve negotiation or, if necessary, litigation.
There is a statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim in Florida, therefore it is important that you meet with legal counsel as soon as possible to assess your case. So, contact us today for a free evaluation by calling 352.629.6656 or 352.777.8176.